Monday, February 27, 2012

Matt. 15:1-9 (Abbott ePublishing Tyndale21 Version)

"Then Scribes and Pharisees from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread. But he said to them, Why do you also break the commandment of God with your traditions? For God commanded: Honor your father and mother: and, He who insults father or mother let him be put to death. But you say, Every man should say to his father or mother: That which you desire from me to help. This people draws near to me with their mouths, and honors me with their lips; but their hearts are far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching doctrines that are nothing but the precepts of men."
- Matt. 15:1-9 in the Abbott ePublishing Tyndale21 Version of the Gospels

No comments:

Post a Comment