Saturday, May 19, 2012

John 17:11b-19 in the AeP T21 Version "Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me..."

"Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, so they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name. Those whom you gave me I have kept, and none of them is lost, except the son of perdition, so the scripture might be fulfilled. Now I come to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

I have given them your words, and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not desire that you would take them out of the world, but that you keep them from evil. They are not from the world, just as I am not from the world. Sanctify them through your truth. Your words are truth. As you sent me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so they also might be sanctified through the truth."
- John 17:11b-19

No comments:

Post a Comment